Wednesday, July 6, 2011

GUILTY OR INNOCENT

THE TEN COMMANDMENTS
1. Do not worship other gods.
2. Do not worship idols.
3. Do not misuse God's name.
4. Keep the Sabbath holy.
5. Honor your father & mother.
6. Do not murder.
7. Do not commit adultery.
8. Do not steal.
9. Do not lie.
10. Do not covet

Sadly to say we are all guilty.  Yes we are! There was only one person that has walked this earth without sin and it was Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.  Being a child of God and a believer of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit we receive His grace for forgiveness.  Thank You Lord for Your Forgiveness.

Not one of us have received the punishment that we deserve.  As for myself I wouldn't be here if I had.  Does it make it right that I haven't received that punishment?  That's up to the ones I've hurt in the past.  I'm sure they would tell you no I deserve more.  God has placed His punishment on me and in doing so it has brought me closer to Him.

Proverbs 13:24
Whoever
spares the rod hates their children, but the one who loves their children is careful to discipline them.

As I go over each commandment and study each one I to don't deserve forgiveness. Because of the Father's love for His children He forgives.  We all have committed sin after sin but the Father continues to forgive each time.  Look at Paul and the sins in his life and how God used him to write books of the bible.  How amazing is what God can do with you if you will only allow Him to change you.

For me it has taken time over the years to see my true self as a dirty filthy rag.  I've done things that I've regretted and not proud of.  The good news is that I became a child of God and ask for His forgiveness and to change me.  I'm still a work in progress.

Isaiah 64:8
Yet you, LORD, are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand.

We all are being molded into the person that God has called us to be.  It's amazing how He can take a sinner such as myself and continue to mold me into the person He has called me to be.  I don't believe I will be a finished product until the day He takes me home with Him.

2 Corinthians 5:21
God made him who had no sin to be sin[a] for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. 

People will disappoint you but God never will.  People won't forgive you in a split second but God will.  People aren't perfect but God is.  Learning to become like Christ is a way of life for me now. I know that when life disappoints me I can get through it because God is my way.

Step back and let God be the Judge, one day we will face Him and be held accountable for all our sins. I truly don't have the right to judge anyone but we as brothers and sisters in Christ can hold them accountable.

 Matthew 7:5
You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Scripture for thought~

No comments:

Post a Comment