Thursday, June 30, 2011

CHANGE

God is a God of change.  Although He is unchanging, He is the same yesterday, today and forever.  God wants us to be always changing.  He desires that we become more and more like Him.  In order to do that we have to be open for change.

I know because I had to be willing to allow God to change me.  Most of my friends will be the first to tell you I'm all about changing.  I move furniture around constantly and paint every other month.  I didn't need a house makeover, what I needed was a change of heart (transplant).
  
I prayed for God to change my heart, which would allow me to change. I needed to change in order for God to restore our marriage.


Psalm 19:14
May these words of my
mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

For when your heart is pure then the words that come from your mouth will be pleasing to Him and love to others.  Changing my heart changed the way I treated my husband. I let go of the strongholds that had a hold on my life. The good news is that any stronghold of bad habits can be broken in an instant by the power of God. Regardless of how long they have been there.  You see God is in the business of change without change we will never get to where He wants to take us.  I praise God that He is continuing to work in me and changing me everyday.  I don't look at people or things as I once did.  I pray everyday for God to allow me to see through His eyes.



Allowing God to change you through His word, will only equip you for your giant!  Never say that you can't do it because God tells us:

Philippians 1:6
being confident of this, that
he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment