Friday, June 17, 2011

GRACE

Ephesians 1:7
In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace.

As I sit here on my back porch and listen to God through my praise and worship.  Which to begin this morning is "Amazing Grace" my chains are gone I've been set free, my God and Savior has ransom me. "Amazing Grace."  Is this not what grace is all about forgiving and going forward.  It's not about what we have done for God, but what He has done for us.

Return to the cross where Jesus was hanging on the cross and next to Him was a thief who had converted out of pure fear.  The thief didn't have time to go to friends and ask forgiveness for those that he had wronged, we don't even know if he had ever believed until now.  What we do know is that he asked "Jesus, remember me,"  and Jesus promised, "Today you will be with me in paradise." A reminder that grace does not depend on what we have done for God but rather what God has done for us. Right here Jesus extended grace and forgiveness.

Another story that God gives us is the prodigal son.  I love the ending of this story where the father sees his son from a distance coming home.  The father opens his arms and loves all over his son who he has forgiven and prepares a feast for him.  The forgiveness that comes from grace.

C.S. Lewis wrote "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you" Wow that hit home with me.  The more I study God's word the more I learn it applies to my life everyday.

Today, I can say I have experienced God's unconditional love which now I can share with my wonderful husband. The man that I truly love and have forgiven.  I have also ask God for His forgiveness for not having faith in Him to heal our marriage.

Psalm 86:15

15 But you, Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God,
   slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment